- K ALREZ® – Perfluoroelastomer (FFKM)
- E PDM – Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)
- V iton® – Fluorocarbon (FPM, FKM)
- N itrile – Nitrile Rubber (Buna-N)
The KEVN® O-Ring ID Tool is calibrated to work best with the following applications:
- 70 Durometer O-Rings
- New & Unused O-Rings
- O-Rings within their rated shelf life
- Cross-sections starting with .103″ (2.62mm) up to .275″ (6.99mm), including the standard AS568 series (100, 200, 300, & 400 series).
- To verify an O-Ring just before installing in the equipment.
- To differentiate between KNOWN O-Ring materials.
- To check for mislabeled O-Rings.
- To verify new O-Rings.
- Sorting Applications.
- To identify composition of flat gasket surfaces
*The KEVN® should not be used for these applications:
- To identify or analyze a failed O-Ring
- On damaged O-Rings
- On O-Rings of unknown composition
- On out-of-date O-Rings
- On O-Ring cross-sections less than .103″(2.62mm), and greater than .275″(6.99mm)
- On other than 70 Durometer O-Rings
DISCLAIMER: The use of rubber elastomer marks such as Kalrez® & Viton® (which are registered trademarks of DuPont Elastomers) are for reference only, and do not guarantee that the materials tested with this tool are from a particular manufacturer.
Instructions for How to Use the KEVN:
|1. Place the O-Ring on a stable, flat surface. Hold the KEVN® O-Ring ID Tool in a vertical position so that the straight edge of the sliding weight hangs out the bottom of the steel tube.
2. Position the straight edge of the weight on the O-Ring’s cross-section and raise the weight all the way to the top of the tube (as far as it will go).
3. Release the weight and let it drop onto the O-Ring. The weight will bounce. The height of the first bounce will rise to one of the four calibrated ranges.